Flight Options Streamlines, Slims Down
Flight Options, Raytheon's fractional operations arm, last week said it is launching a new purchase and use program it hopes will deliver to its customers greater value through access to more hours or savings on long-haul trips. The program, dubbed Fractional First, seeks to streamline the company's relationship with its customers by increasing flexibility and simplifying the confusing and restrictive calculations it says have become the industry standard. “Customers have been telling us that in addition to greater value they want the decision process to be easier,” said S. Michael Scheeringa, chief executive officer, Flight Options, LLC. [More] The company's Fractional First program includes:
Flight Options operates more than 150 aircraft, including the world’s largest fleets of Beechjet 400As and Legacy Executive aircraft, as well as Hawker 800XP and Citation X jets.
- No Taxi Time Deduction, resulting in more air time (taxi time will be paid but not deducted from share hours purchased).
- Distance-Based Pricing, yielding more air time as hourly rates are based upon distance flown.
- Transparent Fuel Cost, allowing customers to pay what Flight Options pays and uses rather than base price plus surcharge at a five-year fixed-usage rate.
- A Flexible Use Option for utilization of 80 percent to 120 percent of share hours purchased each year and management fees only on hours used.
- Extended Service Area, allowing customers to pay only the fuel cost for the repositioning leg when flying outside of the Primary Service Area.