AVweb's Question of the Week ...
Last week, AVweb asked our readers to pick a side when it comes to those pesky TFRs (temporary flight restrictions) that have become all-too-common in the post-9/11 world. The overwhelming majority — 85% of respondents, or 565 people — said that TFRs are often inane, indecipherable, and (at their most harmless) utterly useless. But the remaining 15% of you defended TFRs, saying the restrictions are often necessary to protect pilots, passengers, and leaders in these dangerous times.
This week, we want to ask a similar question about aviation lawsuits. Do they serve higher a purpose, or are they merely a distraction from the real business of aviation? As before, we know you may not fully agree with either statement — but for the purposes of the poll, we ask that you pick a side.
Have an idea for a new QOTW? Send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: This address is only for suggested QOTW questions, and not for QOTW answers.