Choosing a Beam Color
When choosing the color, consider how you will be using your Photon light. Every color has slightly different characteristics. Some colors work better in specific situations than others.
Red Light. This intense color is favored by pilots, sailors, fishermen, and astronomers for the excellent ability to preserve night vision and also for uses of safety, signaling, and map reading. Ideal for finding your seat and reading programs in theaters. All colors of light are great for the night stand, glove box, zipper, key ring, purse, or fanny pack. Red is an internationally recognized attention color.
- Orange Light. This one is bright! The orange combines some of the aspects of both the red and the yellow. It doesn't disturb your night vision as much as the yellow, and illuminates things better than the red. Great for signaling.
- Yellow Light. A traditional flashlight type beam at a lower cost. Will easily project 20 to 30 feet onto an area you desire to see. Being so incredibly small it is easy to carry several colors.
- New 6V Green Light. Nearly as bright as the blue, turquoise, & white lights but with a longer battery life. The green light will run about 20 hours with one set of batteries.
- Green Light. While not quite as bright as the others, the green has the longest battery life. It will shine bright for 7 days continuously. That's about 200 hours of use from one battery!
- Turquoise Light. This is my personal favorite. The turquoise appears slightly brighter than the blue. It is great for walking around at night. Wide angle beam lights up the whole room. The blue, turquoise, and white lights use two replaceable half-size batteries to boost light output. Because these lights use smaller batteries, the battery life is around 12-14 hours - still much longer than a regular flashlight.
- Blue Light. Blue, turquoise, and white are the brightest of the Photon lights. The blue is tremendously bright and excellent for walking around trail or no trail. Wide angle beam illuminates everything to the side as well as forward.
- White Light. White is great for all around use as everything you look at is viewed in full color. The narrow-angle bulb produces an incredibly bright flashlight-style beam. At last a white light that won't burn out!
- Infrared Light. Used by members of the Secret Service, this Photon light creates a powerful infrared beam invisible to the naked eye. Rated at 11mW, this little light is quite a bit more powerful than your average IR illuminator. When used in conjunction with night vision equipment, it will illuminate a large area. *This Photon light is ONLY useful when used with night vision equipment or other equipment sensitive to infrared light.
Home | Order Online