Mooney Delivers First Ovation Ultra

Mooney has delivered the first M20U Ovation Ultra off its production line, the company announced on Thursday. In a ceremony in Kerrville, Texas, company officials turned over the keys to the new owner. The Ultra comes with a wider cabin, a newly designed leather interior, a pilot-side door, bigger windows and the Garmin G1000 NXi avionics suite. This is also the first Ultra equipped with TKS, manufactured by CAV Ice Protection, the company said. The new Ultra models, both the Ovation and the turbo-charged Acclaim, were FAA certified in March. The airplanes are also available via a MooneyShares program.

Mooney has manufactured and delivered more than 11,000 aircraft worldwide, and today there are more than 7,800 flying in the United States and about 1,000 overseas, the company says. Mooney employs just over 200 workers at its manufacturing center and research and development facility in Kerrville.

Just one comment on your new Flash format. It is annoying to have to select individual articles to read them instead of them all showing up at the same time with the old format.

Posted by: James Bowen | November 17, 2017 10:02 AM    Report this comment

Completely agree with the new format comment.. it's quite annoying to return to the home page to see which article you want to read next.

Posted by: Ric Lee | November 17, 2017 10:20 AM    Report this comment

ADD ANOTHER AGREEMENT! I believe it's intended to run more ads past our eyeballs.

Posted by: Bob Sheldon | November 17, 2017 10:41 AM    Report this comment

I have to agree with the above comments, the new format is not good, at least on desktop and laptop computers. I am finding that instead of opening "view extended edition" and reading the whole newsletter end to end, in this new format I am just skimming the boxed stories in the email and not opening anything. To read them all requires opening each one in a new tab, which is just too slow and inconvenient. This requires a design re-think and perhaps different formats for desktop/laptop vs mobile.

Posted by: Adam Hunt | November 17, 2017 10:49 AM    Report this comment

Totally agree with the negative comments about the new format. It is annoying to have to open a new tab for each article when reading on either my desktop or laptop..

Posted by: Eddie Reddish | November 17, 2017 11:35 AM    Report this comment

I agree with the negative comments above. Please go back to the old way.

Posted by: Bill Schlak | November 17, 2017 11:42 AM    Report this comment

I agree, I much preferred the old format!

But I like seeing comments on individual articles - that's the upside.

Posted by: Bill Polits | November 17, 2017 11:44 AM    Report this comment

Whole-heartily agree, the new format stinks!

Posted by: Ray Johnstone | November 17, 2017 11:55 AM    Report this comment

It looks to me like the comment section is supposed to be regarding the Mooney Ovation Ultra and not AvWeb's new format.

ATTENTION MOONEY TEAM: Congratulations to all of you in Kerrville! I am really proud of your hard work and ingenuity of taking a product from the 50's and turning it into a first-class 2000-teens aircraft with some excellent changes. Great job to you all. I cannot wait to see one flying the skies of Oregon soon.

PS: Al would be proud too.

Posted by: Ron Wright | November 17, 2017 12:39 PM    Report this comment

Please go back to old way. Opening multiple stories means I skip most of them.

Posted by: Douglas Furst | November 17, 2017 12:58 PM    Report this comment

Your new Avweb Flash format sucks, bring back the old for mat or I will not read your publication.
Greed is overtaking your compassion for aviation.

Posted by: Lane Hardison | November 17, 2017 1:25 PM    Report this comment

I agree with everybody else, I hate this new format go back to the old format. But saying that I am so proud of Mooney, it's great to see any aircraft manufacturer come back from the dead. I wish them all the success in the future!

Posted by: Barry Glisson | November 17, 2017 2:35 PM    Report this comment

Yep, have to agree. Too much clicking.

Posted by: John Wilson | November 17, 2017 5:01 PM    Report this comment

You seem like a smart company, why piss off so many of your loyal readers? Any reason why you can't give us what we want? Just take a look at all the comments above and see if you can draw a conclusion from the data.

Thanks :-)

Posted by: Mike Dopf | November 17, 2017 5:52 PM    Report this comment

I agree with all the comments for and against.

Posted by: max Mason | November 17, 2017 6:17 PM    Report this comment

I prefer the old format as well. I read AvWeb on my train commute and there are areas where internet is not available. With the old format I was able to continue reading without interruptions. On the new format I am forced to use my commute time in other ways which means my available time to read AvWeb will drop. I would much rather spend my time reading your articles than spend my time looking for a new pastime. Please listen to your readers on this.

Posted by: Scott Johnson | November 17, 2017 6:29 PM    Report this comment

The new format is awful. Why can't I read all the news articles on one page? What a PITA with all this clicking!

Posted by: JOHN KAZICKAS | November 17, 2017 7:52 PM    Report this comment

The new format is awful. What can't I read all the news items on one page? All this clicking is a PITA!

Posted by: JOHN KAZICKAS | November 17, 2017 7:54 PM    Report this comment

Yeah Mooney! Boo Avweb. Another company who doesn't understand how their product is used and is led astray by techies (I was an IT Director), Marketing, etc. FYI - even mobile phones have larger screens and I as well as most opt to read in a desktop format, even zoooming when needed, and not in a chopped up disjointed 'mobile' format that contains large pictures but little text and requires constant button pushing just to read simple articles. Bring back the old format or at least give an option. Or I as well as many otherswill curtail our reading as has happened with other sites as we just don't have the time or desire to constantly stab at our tablets/phones to read. Why can't we learn from other attempts (MSNBC?)? If this was brought on by outside consultants (which happens way too often) let me fill you in. They are looking at revenue for themselves, not your best interest. Fire them. If internal, well, they failed. Educate them.

Posted by: Harvey Muehl | November 17, 2017 8:22 PM    Report this comment

Your new format is just as bad as Google's new News format - moving to an extremely low density display. I was a Google News reader since they started the service, and only reluctantly dropped it after their last makeover.

I can find general news elsewhere. Unfortunately, I'm stuck with your godawful 'mobile' display because I do still want your content and you are the sole source thereof. But I'd love to see an option.

Also - why in hell did you not include a dedicated topic for the makeover?

Posted by: Rush Strong | November 17, 2017 8:49 PM    Report this comment

Why Buggar up something that works so Well ? Sack the Idiot thAt redesigned this !!

Posted by: John Harrison | November 17, 2017 10:15 PM    Report this comment

The person who designed the website obviously never read the old one (and also did a copy/paste job from any wordpress site one the web and no doubt charged you five figures at least for it.)
The old one was much better.

Posted by: John Patson | November 18, 2017 3:54 AM    Report this comment

I agree with all the NEGATIVE comments about your new web design. When I first logged on,thought I was looking at a bad competitor on aviation new. Get back the old format 🤠

Posted by: Joseph Green | November 18, 2017 8:51 AM    Report this comment

I agree get back the old format. First time I logged on, thought I was reading aviation news from a bad competitor. I'll quit reading, if I have to go through all that button pushing.

Posted by: Joseph Green | November 18, 2017 8:57 AM    Report this comment

When I first experienced the new AVweb format I thought I might be the only one who strongly dislikes it. I see that others share my strong negative feelings for it.

Posted by: Doug Henkel | November 18, 2017 12:20 PM    Report this comment

I read this on a tablet and also hate the new format.

Posted by: Joshua Morowitz | November 18, 2017 3:18 PM    Report this comment

Way too hard to get around and find things. Bring back the old format.

Posted by: Vince Brytus | November 18, 2017 4:05 PM    Report this comment

Congrats to Mooney, I have owned two and loved them both! And would do back in a heartbeat if I️ just needed 3-4 seats.

AV Web, what are you thinking! Really is annoying.

Posted by: William Runyon | November 18, 2017 4:36 PM    Report this comment

Having said that, I think opening up the two current issue options under News Finder would go a long way to making readers happier rather than opening with a page with almost nothing on it and a bunch of menus to search through.

Posted by: Vince Brytus | November 18, 2017 4:39 PM    Report this comment

What's just as bad, if not worse, is that the index that is emailed out includes entries for old stories. Please! Now I have to remember what I've seen before to avoid wasting my time on yesterday's news?

Posted by: Andy Goldstein | November 18, 2017 8:19 PM    Report this comment

You fixed something that wasn't broken. Please let me know when you return to the old format. Otherwise, I'm out.

Posted by: Richard Caldera | November 18, 2017 9:11 PM    Report this comment

I thought that the saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" was beat to death BUT!!!!, Ya'll brought it back to life. I hope you don't fly like you compose! PLEASE GIVE US BACK WHAT YOU HAVE TAKEN AWAY!...............................

Posted by: Charles Peele | November 19, 2017 9:30 PM    Report this comment

I Just got finished and signed off from my giving y'all a rash from this insipid change and found myself out side looking in. Perhaps this negative narrative will stick. And by the way y'all need to be hit side the head with the same stick for this dumb change!...............V

Posted by: Charles Peele | November 19, 2017 9:37 PM    Report this comment