...While Mustang Prototype Takes Shape

  • E-Mail this Article
  • View Printable Article
  • Text size:

    • A
    • A
    • A

Meanwhile, Cessna has begun building the Citation Mustang prototype’s tooling and parts. According to the company, more than 3,600 parts have been produced for the prototype and ground test articles. Cessna anticipates the first Citation Mustang prototype to be completed next year, with the first flight in the second quarter of 2005. "The Citation Mustang program is on schedule," said Program Manager Russ Meyer III. "We have selected approximately 80 percent of the Citation Mustang’s suppliers through our supplier source selection process, and expect to name the remaining 20 percent by the end of 2004," he added. Importantly, the Pratt & Whitney Canada (P&WC) PW615F engine has logged over 80 hours of flight time since its first flight on April 27, 2004, Cessna said.