Airbus and Rolls-Royce have launched a project to study how using 100 percent sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) affects aircraft emissions and performance. The study, which is being conducted in partnership with German research center DLR and SAF producer Neste, will use an Airbus A350-900 aircraft powered by Rolls-Royce Trent XWB engines. It will include both on-the-ground and in-flight testing.
“Aircraft can currently only operate using a maximum 50% blend of SAF and fossil kerosene,” said Airbus New Energy Programme manager Steven Le Moing. “This exciting collaboration will not only provide insight into how gas-turbine engines function using 100% SAF with a view to certification, but identify the potential emissions reductions and environmental benefits of using such fuels in flight on a commercial aircraft too.”
Fuel-clearance engine tests began this week at Airbus’ facility in Toulouse, France. Flight emissions tests, the first ever to be conducted on a wide-body passenger aircraft using 100 percent SAF, are expected to begin in April. According to Airbus, both flight and ground tests will compare emissions from the use of 100 percent SAF produced with hydroprocessed esters and fatty acids (HEFA) to those from using fossil kerosene and low-sulphur fossil kerosene.
And when they find that emissions are the same (or higher)?
Meanwhile, climate catastrophists evade that:
– the basic physics of greenhouse gas molecules limits the effect CO2 can have on average climate temperature, to a small amount most of which has already been realized
– the atmosphere is not warming rapidly, accurate temperature sources like weather balloons and satellite sensors show a rate of rise no different from what it has been since the end of the Little Ice Age circa 1750AD
– rate of sea level rise has not changed significantly (apparent rise varies with tectonic plate shifting, in some locations tide gages show lower sea level, check PSMSL.org)
– atmospheric parameters like water vapour and temperature at mid-altitudes are not following popular theories called ‘models”
– climate was warmer in past eras such as the Medieval Warm Period when Vikings farmed southwest Greenland, and the Roman Warm Period when more passes through the Alps were open
IOW catastrophism is a scam.
LOL Don’t worry it’s safe(tm), now with 100% more safe(tm), cracks me up. Greenies don’t know how biodiesel is made or where the electricity comes from when they charge their Teslas. You will see this tree-huggin feel good junk in the news for the next few years at least. You will also see ridiculous gas prices and high taxes and you’ll be made to feel bad for what you consume while the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. You will look back after a decade and see none of it changed the planet for better or worse, you just got robbed. If you live long enough you’ll see this come and go several more times and be able to recognize it when it happens.